As the premier spritiual therapy specialist in Chicago, I'm able to provide a number of services to help provide a number of healing services including the ones described below.
What Are Chakras?
Chakras are centers within our energy field where Life Force flows into and out of our being, on the levels of form. As we focus on the light within us we spontaneously release what stands in the way of our experience of light, love, and wellbeing.
What Do They Look Like?
In different people, and at different times, chakras can appear in a variety of ways. There is generally a predominant color associated with each chakra that corresponds to the same colors and arrangement of colors in a rainbow – from red at the base to violet at the crown (see below). However, I often see colors within a chakra that are different than the traditional color associated with it, as well as a variety of textures, feelings and layers. During a Wellbeing Alignment session, I experience chakras as vast, deep, multi-layered vortexes of energy. As I focus on a client’s chakra it is very much like entering an energetic doorway into their inner being, where all the vibrations of all their lives are stored. I experience the areas of trauma as darker in color and there is a sense of folding in, almost as if the chakra is trying to protect itself.
Seven Main Chakras
Although there are many other chakra centers within the whole of our being, in regards to chakra meditation, we’ll talk about the seven main ones that are the most associated with our physical / emotional / mental / spiritual being, with each one related to a specific aspect of our lives. There are many different perspectives on what each chakra relates to and many different variations within each individual. The descriptions below are what I generally see in working with clients (and myself).
Chakras and Meditation
The practice of chakra meditation has been utilized for healing for thousands of years. Basically, the focus of it is to consciously focus on our inner Light and Love at the same time as bringing attention directly into our chakra centers, thereby uplifting our vibratory rate and increasing the Light quotient within our energy field. This causes us to spontaneously release anything that isn’t vibrating with the higher frequency of Light that we call in. Thus, old wounds which are not in sync with this increase in Light rise to the surface of our awareness for release and healing. Chakra meditation accomplishes many things at once: chakra clearing, chakra cleansing, chakra healing, and chakra balancing. All of these lead to awakening more fully into the Truth of Who We Are. Light Variations for chakra meditation, there are many variations of Light you can use for wellbeing and healing, including the following:
- Diamond White Light – purifies and aligns your energy field with a higher vibration of yourself, increasing your Light quotient for overall upliftment.
- Emerald Green Flame – restores and transforms our physical bodies.
- Violet Flame – is a combination of the sapphire blue ray of the Divine Masculine, the rose pink ray of the Divine Feminine, and the gold flame of Christ Consciousness. These three flames unify into a pure violet flame. It transforms and transmutes the cause, core, effects, habits, records and memories of negative energies into Light and Love.
- Rose Pink Light – infuses your being with the unconditional Love of Divine Mother and creates a bubble of protection both within and around you. This is wonderful for inner child healing, as well as protection.
- Sunshine Yellow Ray – is associated with Christ Consciousness and arises within our awareness as our masculine and feminine polarities come into balance. This Light ray is infused with Divine Wisdom and Illumination.
- Gold Light – is a deeper resonance of the Sunshine Yellow Ray. It draws true discrimination and peace into your being – an energetic nectar that stabilizes and nurtures your energy field. This is a good Light to bring in after you do energy work, for balancing and completion.
Located at the base of the spine, the first chakra is the Survival and Security Center. It is responsible for family connections, animal instinct, controlling fear, and keeping you grounded.
Balancing this chakra helps Spinal column, rectum, legs, bones, and feet. It also energizes the body and increases overall health.
Affirmation: "I Do", "I Am"
Located in the lower abdomen (genitals, wombs), the second chakra is the Creativy and Sexuality center, It is responsible for relationship with money, career and power, procreation; ability to feel joy and pleasure.
Balancing this chakra helps sexual organs, large intestine, lower vertebrae, pelvis, hip area, and urinary bladder.
Affirmation: "I feel", "I Want"
Located in the area above of the naval, the third chakra is the Power center, it is responsible for self-confience and self- esteem; and manifestation.
Balancing this chakra helps the stomach, pancreas, adrenals, upper intestines, liver, gall blader, and middle spine.
Affirmation: "I Can", "I Do"
Located at the center of the chest, the fourth chakra is the Love Center; It is responsible for compassion; unconditonal love; hope and forgiveness.
Balancing this chakra helps heart, circulatory system, ribs, breast, thymus gland, lungs, shoulders, arms, hands, diaphragm.
Affirmation: "I Love"
Located in the center of the throat, the fifth chakra is the Expression Center, it is reponsible for cummincation; inner voice; speaking from truth; expression of creativity (arts, music) and will power.
Balancing this chakra helps thorat and thyroid, esophagus, trachea, mouth, jaw, teeth, neck, and vertebrae.
Affirmation: "I Speak", "I Express"
Located in the center of the forehead, the third chakra is the Perception Center, it is responsible for Psychic consciousness; wisdom; intuitive ability; visualization; and power of mind.
Balancing this chakra helps brain and neurological system, eyes, ears and nose.
Affirmation: "I Know", "I Think"
Located at the top of the head, the seventh chakra is the Spiritual Center, it is responsible for development of Psychic abilities; englightment; and unity.
Balancing this chakra helps the central nervous system, muscular system, and skin.
Affirmation: "I Am", "I Understand"